Home / GitHub Page

Webclipper (for Firefox) not available during syncing EE?


#1

With last joplin 1.0.99
when I do:

[foxmask@foxmask:~] $ curl http://127.0.0.1:41184/ping
JoplinClipperServer
[foxmask@foxmask:~] $ curl http://127.0.0.1:41184/folders
[{"id":"3882be8d4b54476f9d7d143c4cf2d807","parent_id":"","title":"Maison", ...

everything is fine, but when I try to use the webclipper firefox plugins ; “service status” says “not found”, with chrome it’s ok.


#2

I have the same issue, Webclipper is available for the Chrome plugin but not the Firefox one.

Yesterday I reinstalled the Firefox plugin and it became available however today that doesn’t get it working either.


#3

could you try to enable debug mode as described in this page: https://joplin.cozic.net/clipper/ and post the content of the consoles here?


#4

Popup: Init bridge main.4bb74f6e.js:1:17775
Popup: Env: dev main.4bb74f6e.js:1:18683
findClipperServerPort: Trying 27583 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Popup: Creating React app… main.4bb74f6e.js:1:40319
findClipperServerPort: Trying 14801 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Popup: Restoring saved state: Object { } main.4bb74f6e.js:1:19537
findClipperServerPort: Trying 41083 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 19545 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Error: Missing host permission for the tab undefined
findClipperServerPort: Trying 12650 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 4134 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 24706 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 17858 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 3869 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 26089 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Popup: Init bridge main.4bb74f6e.js:1:17775
Popup: Env: dev main.4bb74f6e.js:1:18683
findClipperServerPort: Trying 27583 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Popup: Creating React app… main.4bb74f6e.js:1:40319
findClipperServerPort: Trying 14801 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
Popup: Restoring saved state: Object { } main.4bb74f6e.js:1:19537
findClipperServerPort: Trying 41083 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 19545 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 12650 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
XrayWrapper denied access to property “_postProcessContent” (reason: value is callable). See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Xray_vision for more information. Note that only the first denied property access from a given global object will be reported. ExtensionUtils.jsm:533:50
findClipperServerPort: Trying 4134 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 24706 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 17858 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
null main.4bb74f6e.js:1:157546
findClipperServerPort: Trying 3869 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
findClipperServerPort: Trying 26089 main.4bb74f6e.js:1:20125
null main.4bb74f6e.js:1:157546


#5

I’m using Joplin 1.0.99 and WebClipper 1.0.4 on Firefox 60.0.2 (macOS) and it works as expected.


#6

Maybe I should state, I’m on Ubuntu 18.04 and using Joplin 1.0.99


#7

@LastStarfighter, thanks for the log. The statements findClipperServerPort: Trying ... means that the extension is trying all the possible ports but can’t find the service. I assume it’s running on port 27583 for you?


#8

According to the Joplin app it’s running:

Status: Started on port 41184

Chrome’s web clip add in reports “Service status: Ready on port 41184”
Firefox’s shows: “Service status: Not found [Help]”


#9

Oh ok it all makes sense now and I can see it now in the log: Popup: Env: dev. The extension for some reason is running in dev mode and so is trying to access the wrong set of ports. I will take a look at it later but normally that should be a relatively easy fix.


#10

Awesome, thanks for your help.


#11

Bizarrely when I started up this morning the web clip service in Firefox seems to be seeing the service now!


#12

And today the service is not found again on Firefox. Chrome is still reporting the service to be available.


#13

@LastStarfighter, please give a try to the latest version of the extension.


#14

I’ve updated the addin and rebooted twice, both times it seems to find the Web Clipper service just fine. Thanks for your help. Awesome app!


#15

Next day, started up and the add–in sees the service fine. Thank you.


#16

the new webclipper/desktop apps seem to have fixed this for me. thanks